An apt insight

flattr this!

A friend just copied me the attached image. Apro­pos of cur­rent events. I can’t resist shar­ing it.

Sigmund And Assholes

I am a professional economist and a long time critic of conventional economic thought. As well as attacking mainstream thought in Debunking Economics, I am also developing an alternative dynamic approach to economic modelling. The key issue I am tackling here is the prospect for a debt-deflation on the back of the enormous debts accumulated in Australia, and our very low rate of inflation.

7 Responses to An apt insight

1. koonyeow says:

My per­sonal solu­tion is to keep myself sur­rounded by female of the species (laugh out loud…).

2. ken says:

It reminds me of some­thing that I heard about the Fitzger­ald inquiry that found the exten­sive police cor­rup­tion extend­ing to the high­est lev­els. A psy­chi­a­trist had been treat­ing a police­man for sev­eral years, and had iden­ti­fied him as being para­noid. After the inquiry it was realised that he was totally justified.

3. A Jensen says:

Dr. Keen,
    Just won­der­ing if you have any com­ments on Lee Boldeman’s ‘The Cult of Mar­ket Fundamentalism’?

Also, on the ‘Soci­ol­ogy’ of Neo­clas­si­cals; if have you read, could you com­ment on:

Patrick Spread’s ‘Sci­ence and Sup­port: The Strug­gle for Mas­tery in Eco­nom­ics’
    (real-world eco­nom­ics review, issue no. 59), dis­cussing the­ory of Support-Bargaining

4. LCTesla says:

non­sense steve, the friends in your sur­round­ings out­num­ber the ass­holes at least 10 to one. you have my unremit­ting sup­port through all these hardships.

5. Filius Fob says:

Ken,
    Can I point out that what you are describ­ing has hap­pened very recently in Ger­many, a scan­dal known as “The Mol­lath Affair”. Gustl Mol­lath has spent seven years in a high-security psy­chi­atric insti­tu­tion after dis­cov­er­ing finan­cial irreg­u­lar­i­ties at his then-employer, Hypo Vere­ins­bank. Recently it has become com­mon knowl­edge that Mol­lath was telling the truth all along, cour­tesy of a hith­erto hushed-up audit report of HVB, pro­duced in *2003*. The bank fired the employ­ees involved, but every­one involved for­got to tell the author­i­ties that the whistle­blower wasn’t para­noid and should be released.

Oh I know LCTesla. It’s just that the ass­holes con­trol my income, whereas the sup­port­ers don’t.

7. ken says:

As we start another year at uni, it reminds me that in spite of admin and senior aca­d­e­mics set­ting poli­cies that don’t seem to help stan­dards, it is very impor­tant to take every­thing very seriously.