An apt insight

A friend just copied me the attached image. Apropos of current events. I can’t resist sharing it.

Sigmund And Assholes

7 Responses to An apt insight

1. koonyeow says:

My personal solution is to keep myself surrounded by female of the species (laugh out loud…).

2. ken says:

It reminds me of something that I heard about the Fitzgerald inquiry that found the extensive police corruption extending to the highest levels. A psychiatrist had been treating a policeman for several years, and had identified him as being paranoid. After the inquiry it was realised that he was totally justified.

3. A Jensen says:

Dr. Keen,
    Just wondering if you have any comments on Lee Boldeman’s ‘The Cult of Market Fundamentalism’?

Also, on the ‘Sociology’ of Neoclassicals; if have you read, could you comment on:

Patrick Spread’s ‘Science and Support: The Struggle for Mastery in Economics’
    (real-world economics review, issue no. 59), discussing theory of Support-Bargaining

4. LCTesla says:

nonsense steve, the friends in your surroundings outnumber the assholes at least 10 to one. you have my unremitting support through all these hardships.

5. Filius Fob says:

Ken,
    Can I point out that what you are describing has happened very recently in Germany, a scandal known as “The Mollath Affair”. Gustl Mollath has spent seven years in a high-security psychiatric institution after discovering financial irregularities at his then-employer, Hypo Vereinsbank. Recently it has become common knowledge that Mollath was telling the truth all along, courtesy of a hitherto hushed-up audit report of HVB, produced in *2003*. The bank fired the employees involved, but everyone involved forgot to tell the authorities that the whistleblower wasn’t paranoid and should be released.

Oh I know LCTesla. It’s just that the assholes control my income, whereas the supporters don’t.

7. ken says:

As we start another year at uni, it reminds me that in spite of admin and senior academics setting policies that don’t seem to help standards, it is very important to take everything very seriously.