In the spirit of “we all need a laugh”, this list of jokes is doing the rounds in the USA:
The economy is so bad that:
- I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.
- I ordered a burger at McDonalds and the kid behind the counter asked, “Can you afford fries with that?”
- CEO’s are now playing miniature golf.
- If the bank returns your check marked “Insufficient Funds,” you call them and ask if they meant you or them.
- Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.
- McDonalds is selling the 1/4 ouncer.
- Parents in Beverly Hills have fired their nannies and learnt their children’s names.
- A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico.
- Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.
- The Mafia is laying off judges.
- Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.
And finally one I don’t agree with, but in the interests of completeness:
- Congress says they are looking into this Bernard Madoff scandal.
- Oh, great!! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear!
“Boom boom”, as they used to say in Vaudeville.